As we prepare for the festive season, a time of good food, good company and good spirits, here are a few ideas for a more sustainable and environmentally friendly Christmas.
- Send E-cards instead of traditional cards, saving paper and postage costs.
- Use recycled wrapping paper including last year’s wrapping paper. Some other ideas include using an old calendar, old cloth material, or a pillow case or tea towel.
- Consider decorating a potted plant as your Christmas tree or purchase a potted Christmas tree which you’ll be able to use next year. You’ll also be helping the lungs of the planet.
- Fruit trees and other potted plants are great gifts that continue to give pleasure long after Christmas is over.
- Purchase eco-friendly gifts including useful items that replace our use of single use plastic, such as water bottles and shopping bags.
- Be mindful in your catering and make sure you use those leftovers, either for another meal or to add to your composting for your vegetable/herb garden.
- Be mindful of the impact your actions are having on Planet Earth.
- Have a wonderful peaceful Christmas.